This project is funded by the Big Lottery Fund.
The partners involved are: Deaf Connections, Glasgow City Council Culture & Leisure Services and the Sports Council of Glasgow.
Sports Co-ordinator - Paul McCusker
My role is to:
If you would like any more information, then please contact me at
or 0141 420 2822
- Set up a strategic plan for Deaf sports in Glasgow
- Monitor the progress of take up of sports activities for the 17 to 24 age group
- Work with the partners to use their services such as coaches and sports facilities; and overcome barriers that prevent Deaf people participating in sport
- Oversee the progress of the Deaf Community Sports Club, based in Gorbals Leisure Centre from August 2006 ï¿½ click on this link to view Deaf Community Sport Club for more information
- Train volunteers to support this project
- Identify individuals from various Deaf sports clubs to become sport coaches
- Encourage young Deaf people to get involved in sport and continue their activities ï¿½ not just 17-24 group also pre-17 age group too
- Support all young Deaf people who have a talent in any chosen sport, directing them towards better coaching with a view to improving their skills and competing in the Deaf Olympics or other major Deaf sporting events
- Support Deaf sports clubs such as netball, badminton, etc to encourage more young Deaf people to get involved.